I can put this really simply: Major forces in our culture are now aligned to deprive you, your employees, your colleagues and your company of the self-confidence and self-determination necessary to achieve success.
What are some of these forces? Again, I can be direct:
- Economic, social and public health forces pitting employers against employees
- Intrusion of the state in private enterprise in ways designed to create uncertainty about private property rights
- Legalization of certain drugs by many states, with unclear rules about what can be dictated about their use in the workplace or what the risk of the drugs (including, of course, marijuana) might actually be
- Massive, seismic forces aligned to make you, your family members, your employees and your customers wonder if they have any authentic self from which to deploy dedicated energy, focus or creativity. I believe you can count among these forces those that encourage people to wonder if they may have been born into the wrong body (i.e. the LGBTQ movement).
- Uncertainty about the future of the country (whether there will BE a future of the country) fostered by nonexistent borders, top leaders seemingly working for foreign entitites or foreign governments and anemic or absent efforts to protect American citizens.
Trying to live a life, let alone operate a business, amidst such uncertain tides isn’t simple. It’s daunting. And, make no mistake about it, the tides are intended to drown you and your business.
Can you fight back? Yes. Can you win. Yes. But you’ll need a strategy designed to insulate and elevate you over these raging tides, in order for you or your team to get anything done in the world.
The strategy has to put individual initiative and original thought and courage and authenticity first—where they belong. You, or your family or your business have to be proactive, in order to be insulated from the worst winds of the new world order (which is disorder).
Dr. Keith Ablow
Click HERE to schedule a complimentary discovery call with Dr. Keith Ablow.